Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why is everyone staring at the empty spot in the corner?


We are about to see what kind of family we really are.  The barely one year old HD television has been taken off to the TV hospital  for repairs-hopefully at the expense of Phillips/Magnavox.  Yes, we have other television sets but this is the one that everyone wants to watch.  The Playstation and Wii are hooked up to it.  It is connected to the DVR and satellite dish.  It's in the room with the comfortable, reclining sofas and chairs. 
Results so far:  Husband is wandering around aimlessly. (He's been addicted to some shoot 'em up game on Playstation.)  My new fitness routine is shot- no motivation to get on treadmill if I can't watch TV, brand new Wii Fit is still in the box.  Kids are scattered to various spots in the house watching TV's with (gasp) no satellite connection.  Even the dogs seem confused since no one is in the living room.  But the silver lining:  It is SO peaceful and quiet right now.  If it wasn't for the fact that I won't get to see McDreamy and McSteamy tomorrow night in all their HD glory, this could be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about quiet!! When my husband is not here I hardly ever turn the tv on until late!

    ReplyDelete