I decided I would actually cook dinner yesterday since I figured there would be a revolt if I offered leftovers one more day. So I pulled out the ingredients to make a vegetable stir fry. (I'm trying to keep Moonbeam, my vegetarian save-the-Earth girl, happy.) I put the Wok on the burner, put some oil in it , turned on the heat and then decided that I would go look for some photos I wanted to add to my Facebook page. I was having a great time looking at old pictures and located the picture I was looking for. I came out of the bedroom to discover the house filled with smoke and Ralph opening all the windows. Did you know that hot oil really creates a lot smoke when neglected? Now, when I left the room, my husband was in the living room-which opens to the kitchen-, Moonbeam was on the computer-next to the kitchen- and the other 2 kids were upstairs in the game room-directly above and open to the kitchen. NO ONE noticed anything until the house filled with smoke? Seriously? We had get all the animals out (2 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 birds) and sit outside for about 20 minutes until the air cleared. My son's comment (this is the 23 year old who is still living at home) : "Yea, I smelled something burning but it smells like that a lot when you're cooking so I didn't think to say anything"
And he wonders why I keep showing him ads for apartments.

What is it about men and teens!!! I think they are they are in their own little world!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday Follow! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to come visit me!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
~Shelley
Hey!I found you through Friday Follow! I'm lucky follower #16
ReplyDeleteYay! Friday Follower works! I'm your newest follower girly! Follow me back?
Happy Friday,
Shannon
Following you from Friday Follow.I love to looking at old pictures too:) Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteAhh, but yes, this would have happened to June if she had a blog, Facebook responsibilities, a whole season's worth of her favorite show backlogged on the DVR, two part-time jobs to help supplement Ward's income in a weak US economy, and was home-schooling Wally and the Beav :) Well, just stopping in from Friday Follow, and adore the look, style, and wit of your blog! So glad I came by. Do you smell that? It's not hot oil burning on your stovetop...it's the smell of SUCCESS, new followers pouring into your blog in droves...
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest Friday Follower. :)
ReplyDelete