Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm Back!

I've been kind of depressed for the past few weeks due to some unpleasantness at work.  I'm coming to terms with it now and finally feel like writing again.  I had more dental work done this week- an implant and a sinus augmentation- and my face swelled up so much I could have landed a job in a freak show.  It's better today; I just look a lot like Alvin the Chipmunk!
I've been using retail therapy to deal with my depression!  On a whim, right before all of the stuff happened at school, I ordered a Cricut die cutting machine after watching an informercial during our internet outage period.  I don't even scrapbook but after watching the informercial and seeing that it could cut vinyl and fabric, I researched and ordered one.  It arrived the day Spring Break started (which was also the day I got my bad news at work) so I had a whole week just to play.  But then I had to have vinyl and paper to use in it, more cartridges, design software and various other "necessities"!  Then I felt bad about ignoring my embroidery machine so I bought some more thread and stabilizer and made some lace Easter eggs.  The only thing that didn't cost me money was I pulled out a quilted wallhanging kit I bought about 3 years ago and completed the piecing.  It still needs to be quilted but I added it to the 2 other projects in the "to be quilted" pile!  Too many hobbies and too little time!

I'll try to get some pictures posted of some of my projects and eventually I'll write about what's going on at school.  But that's the update for now!

3 comments:

  1. I keep looking at those Cricut machines, but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify buying one. Let me know how you like it and if you really use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I have just played around with it. I've made a few cards and did some vinyl on a tile. The cartridges can get expensive but there is a program that allows you to download designs. I may look into that eventually. I can see using it a lot for stuff for school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was MUCH BETTER at school. How about you??

    ReplyDelete