I've diagnosed myself with a new syndrome: HADD or Hobby Attention Deficit Disorder. I'm sitting in my sewing/craft/computer room looking at 20 spools of ribbon from when I decided I would make key fobs for everyone-I made 3. Across the room I can see 3 sewing and embroidery machines, which sit next to my serger. I have a basket full of yarn for various crochet projects and my most recent find, loom knitting. I have 2 organizers filled with scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies. My Cricut sits behind my laptop. I have 3 drawers filled with baby items and fabric to embroider or sew for my Etsy store, which has nothing for sale and never has. I love all all of these hobbies very much, but I can't seem to stick with any of them long enough to complete more than one or two things. (I started a cross-stitch angel the summer after my youngest daughter finished 1st grade. She just finished her freshman year of college; the angel is still on the frame.)
It's not just crafts, either. I have a bookshelf full of workout DVDs from my fitness kick awhile back. I own dozens of cookbooks. We won't even talk about the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my doll collection. It spills over to work as well. I own a laminator and too many professional books to count. I'm contemplating ordering empty vending capsules from Ebay to make "Brain Bubbles" because I saw them on someone's blog. Pinterest has only made this obession worse!
My only consolation is that I am not alone in my obsessions. Since we have been married, my husband has accumulated supplies and equipment for: remote controlled airplanes, hunting, reloading, woodworking, brewing beer, gardening and fishing. He not only has every fishing gadget known to man; he makes his own fishing rods.
Please look for us on an upcoming episode of Hoarders. I'll be the one sewing/quilting/crocheting/scrapbooking/reading and drinking home-brewed beer!
No comments:
Post a Comment