My husband and I are both teachers, and since we are "almost" empty-nesters, we decided to spend some time traveling this summer. Our first trip was going to be to Colorado to camp and visit our youngest daughter who is a student at Colorado State. However, Mother Nature has caused us to rethink that plan. The forest fire west of Fort Collins is still burning and so there will be no camping there. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost their homes, and I am so sad to think of all that beautiful acreage burning. Our daughter is safe, but says it is very smoky. We have postponed our trip and hopefully will be able to visit later this summer.
Our second trip was going to Pennsylvania to visit my family. We do this almost every summer, but this year we are going to take our time and a detour through The Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina and then drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I can't wait!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment